New finder - advice please?

4Happyhours

Hi, only been gcing since Saturday, but have found a tb in the wrong location.

1. Do I need to log it anywhere anyhow? I've posted that I have grabbed it, but not sure if I need to have checked it in and out of its new location about 80 miles south of last known location .. I described it as such, but nothing more, no link or anything, is linking to new location easy to do?

2. We are travelling to Paris from Uk next week and the tb wants to get back to Germany, so I want to find a big enough box in Paris centre or near to Disney Paris or Chessy. Most Paris ones seem to carry a ? Listing - what does that mean and how do I tell which are big enough and easy to find?

Thanks for help.

KC

1) Your 'grab' was proper. It would be nice if you log it through the cache that you found it in with a "visited" log. That way, it receives credit for that added distance that it had been moved.

You would use a "grab" just as you did, or if you received a trackable in a hand-off from another cacher.

2) It is a fair bet that a ? listing, will not hold the trackable. Can't advise further on that.

But, what the heck, take it with you. There is no harm to take it along, just in case you do find one large enough.

If you don't, well then, take it back home. It is not "out" anything by your attempt. Add to that, you can still use the "visited" log to show that it was there.

:) :) :) :) :) :)

1) Your 'grab' was proper. It would be nice if you log it through the cache that you found it in with a "visited" log. That way, it receives credit for that added distance that it had been moved.

You would use a "grab" just as you did, or if you received a trackable in a hand-off from another cacher.

2) It is a fair bet that a ? listing, will not hold the trackable. Can't advise further on that.

But, what the heck, take it with you. There is no harm to take it along, just in case you do find one large enough.

If you don't, well then, take it back home. It is not "out" anything by your attempt. Add to that, you can still use the "visited" log to show that it was there.

:) :) :) :) :) :)

Hi there, I managed to drop it at a TB hotel just near Disneyland Paris! Tried to take it to Versailles but had trouble finding that cache :surprise: