How do you count trackables for stats?

TFulton42

Hey folks,

First, I want to thank all of the kind folks on this forum. My wife and I have been doing this for just over 2 weeks and a really enjoying ourselves! We logged the 8th oldest cache in the world and oldest in Georgia today!

I'm curious how you count trackables for BadgeGen stats. When I read the webpage, it seems that you count it once when you retrieve it and once when you drop it off. But that doesn't make sense to me. I would think that you only log each item once unless you happen to come across it again.

Opinions?

Thanks,

Tom

When I read the webpage, it seems that you count it once when you retrieve it and once when you drop it off.

I don't read that anywhere. Where are you seeing this? What I see is this:

If you are unsure what numbers to place in these boxes, click Open Browser to profile page. This will open your geocaching profile page, assuming you are logged in (with a cookie) on the geocaching.com website. You can then count add the number of "Travel Bug Dog Tags", "Unite for Diabetes Travel Bugs" and "Jeep Travel Bugs" up and enter this in the first box. Then scroll down to the bottom and find the total number of trackables moved/discovered. You can then subtract the number of travel bugs from this number to find the number of geocoins that you have moved/discovered.

You should be counting trackables, not the number of transactions on those trackables. Looking at your profile, your counts would be 3 TBs and 1 coin.

Anyway, the best place to ask for help about a GSAK macro is in the GSAK forums.

I don't read that anywhere. Where are you seeing this? What I see is this:

The way I read it was to count each log and there are two logs for each trackable. It's quite possible that I misread it. 3 and 1 is what I have put in.

Anyway, the best place to ask for help about a GSAK macro is in the GSAK forums.

Thanks, I should have thought of this.

Go to your stats page and click on trackables. You will see a TB icon with a number beside it. That is the total number of TBs you've seen. Subtract that number from the total number of trackables and you will now have the total number of coins. Those are the numbers to use for the badges.