Why GPS?

cdn69

I would think that GPS makes finding a cache way too easy. To make it interesting, why not try Loran C or better yet Loran A. And for the really difficult challenge, use a Sextant. Of course I'm new to this and may be wrong.

quote:
Originally posted by Capt. Chuck:

I would think that GPS makes finding a cache way too easy. To make it interesting, why not try Loran C or better yet Loran A. And for the really difficult challenge, use a Sextant. Of course I'm new to this and may be wrong.

Definitely give it a chance. It's probably more difficult that you'd imagine.

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

Marky,

My post was an attempt at humor. I actually am going on my first search tomorrow with my 11 year old son. This looks like a sport we can enjoy together, and it is probably a lot less expensive than boating. My wife bought me a Garmin GPS V for Christmas and so far all I have used it for is not getting lost on I-95. I'm looking forward to the challenge.

quote:
Originally posted by Capt. Chuck:

I'm looking forward to the challenge.

We were down in St. Augustine back during Christmas. There are a few pretty good caches there. I liked to visit that little town when we lived in Daytona. Needless to say the oldest town in the US will have a lot of history.

Welcome to our obsession!

CR

72057_2000.gif

when i tell my friends about it, they say that isnt that easy?. you have a gps and the coords to the cache..well, first off the distance is usually as the crow flies, and we all know that trails dont follow that rule.

also, depending on the accuracy, ya could be looking around for a long *** time before ya find it...if at all.

its not as easy as ya think... it can be sometimes.. but not all the time.

kaveh of Team Bench aka nugunslinger