Typical TB logging protocol for Event Caches?

gporr

Hi all,

I haven't been to any Event Caches yet, but was wondering what protocol people typically use when exchanging TBs at an Event Cache.

If I bring a TB and want someone else to pick it up, should I log it as a "drop" & have them log a "retrieve", or is it more typical for one person to log a "visit" and the other person to log a "grab"?

I'm asking in particular 'cause I just ordered something to use as a TB and then realized it might be a little large to fit into anything smaller than a 50 caliber ammo can, so I might just specify that its mission is to travel to lots of Event Caches.

Thanks.

Greg Porr

Lexington, South Carolina, USA

I'm asking in particular 'cause I just ordered something to use as a TB and then realized it might be a little large to fit into anything smaller than a 50 caliber ammo can, so I might just specify that its mission is to travel to lots of Event Caches.

Thanks.

Greg Porr

Lexington, South Carolina, USA

Generally, what people do in this type of case is to take the TB to the event for 'discovery' logs. You would also probably want to use a 'visit' log for the TB yourself, which would give it mileage credit, upon compiling a number of Events.

Have seen TB's the size of (or larger) than the people that brought them!

We went to our first event on Leap Day and traded a few TBs. We just worked it out with the giver/receiver that the TB would be "dropped" in the event when we got home so they could officially "retrieve" it from there. If for some reason we forgot to drop it, they would have the TB and its tracking number so they could just grab it from us.