gps app fpr samsung Galaxy?

dawntreadr1

Not sure where this question should go. have been cruising the boards trying to find a comparable app to cgeo. ( i have seen mentioned there is some site or app which was not to be named, if this was it, I apologize)

the thing is I have an etrex and when I first started geocaching I used to use it a lot, loading data from geocaching.com onto it but when my husband decided to get us the galaxy phones and I found I could cache on it, I pretty much abandoned it- why haul a couple pieces of tech when you can haul just one? and it worked really well for me as I am pretty much an impulse cacher, I might not know til an hour before I jump in the car that I plan to take a trip so just being able to bring up a map that showed caches and allowed me to get the info was incredibly convenient. but now cgeo no longer has the map and is basically worthless to me as an app without them. I have been searching for apps with the same type of mapping as they had but not having luck. Is there any apps- free or with a charge that have the same feature.. I like being able to see on a map where caches are in relation to where I am at any given time. i have held off on becoming a prime member as it seemed to me the only great feature was the immediate notification of new caches and they usually come out when I am at work so that was pointless for me. but if maps like those on cgeo are available to members, I would consider joining just to get those. i have limited data minutes so I really don't cache that much in a given month. any suggestions?

I've been happy with Neongeo. The latest versions have a "live map" feature, in addition to the original "auto download" feature (which could download the nearest caches automatically every 5 minutes). I don't use either feature because I find it annoying to have random caches cluttering my map just because I passed by them.

Neongeo uses Groundspeak's API, so to take advantage of the "live map" or the "auto download" features, you'll need to be a premium member. That's Groundspeak's restriction on the API, not something Neongeo does.