Garmin oregon caches

Strider_

Hi. I have a garmin oregon 300 gps, and can't get caches sent into my gps.

Allright..I have a mac. I have plugged my gps in and I am on geocaches map site, It finds my gps, and I press "send to gps" (on the cache I want to search for)

and it says "successfully sent to gps". BUT!! when I then unplug it and press the geocache button on the display it says: "No geocaches found, visit www.geo..blablabla"

I`ve tried this several times but can't figure this out. Anyone got a clue? Im not a premium member (yet)..something to do with that?

Im kinda new at this so... any good suggestions? :anibad:

To get the most out of that unit - you need to be a premium member.

I have seen some comment that the Garmin Plugin is broken for Macs but there is some remedy to download.

If you are a PM - you can simply click the GPX file button and save the file on the unit in the garmin\gpx folder.

To get the most out of that unit - you need to be a premium member.

I have seen some comment that the Garmin Plugin is broken for Macs but there is some remedy to download.

If you are a PM - you can simply click the GPX file button and save the file on the unit in the garmin\gpx folder.

Okay thanks for the tip. I`ll try to load`em from a pc. If that don't work I guess I have to consider getting a PM.

Only way I can get multiple caches into it now is by saving the data as waypoints, which takes a lot of time and effort.

You have to be a premium member to get the GPX files. If your browser is telling you that the caches have been successfully sent to your GPS, you may have got LOC files (GC number and coordinates only). Try looking on your unit for waypoints. Are there a bunch that start with GC?

Second question: did you get this GPS new or as a gift, or is it a refurb? If you didn't buy it secondhand or from that auction site, you should have got a 30-day trial membership with it. See how to get 30-day trial membership with a Garmin.

Edited by msrubble

Here is a short guide to download a single cache to a Garmin Oregon (450) on a Mac:

Go to the cache page required, and click GPX File (highlighted. It should then download and is visible in the Downloads dialog box if using Safari.

screenshot20120331at192.png

Got to Finder, select 'Today' from the left hand panel and find the GPX file. Select it, then press Cmd+C to copy it.

screenshot20120331at192.png

Select your Garmin from the Desktop.

screenshot20120331at193.png

Once the Garmin is open in finder, go Garmin -->GPX --> and then press Cmd+V to copy it.

screenshot20120331at193.png

Eject your Garmin by dragging it to the recycle bin, and now the GPX file should be on your GPS.