garmin nuvi 760

Kamping Kouple

We have a Nuvi 760 for the vehicle. We have been able to download the cache sites onto the unit. We travel with that GPS to the site and then use the handheld to find the cache. Lately, we have been able to download it, but it does not show up on our unit. We searched the files on the gps unit and they are there but they no longer show up when we are driving. Does anyone know if this is caused because of the new maps or am I doing something wrong. Not sure why it used to work and now it does not.

What method are you using to get the caches onto your device?

We are using the geocaching.com. We plug the nuvi in (just like we would with the etrek) and ask to download on the gps. It shows the nuvi. If you look on the files in the nuvi, it is there but it no longer shows on the map nor does show it if you search on it using the gps.

If you do a search for nearby geocaches with your nüvi, do the ones you loaded show up in a list?

no it does not. I am going to try to delete all the caches on the nuvi and try to start fresh. maybe there is a limit to how many favorites I can have on this gps unit. it is an older one. not sure what else I can try.

We have a Nuvi 760 for the vehicle. We have been able to download the cache sites onto the unit. We travel with that GPS to the site and then use the handheld to find the cache. Lately, we have been able to download it, but it does not show up on our unit. We searched the files on the gps unit and they are there but they no longer show up when we are driving. Does anyone know if this is caused because of the new maps or am I doing something wrong. Not sure why it used to work and now it does not.

Garmin Nuvi - True Paperless Geocaching might be of some help

You load the caches as POI using Garmin's POILOADER. You also need GSAK but every geocacher should have GSAK in my opinion.

PS From the FAQ page of the above website:

Q: Why can't I see the caches on my map as I'm driving, like I do with places in my favourites?

Ans: This is a Garmin limitation. They have decided that POI's will NOT be displayed on the map page (unless you're zoomed into about 80metres or less which makes driving very hard/dangerous). If you want this changed/added....annoy Garmin not me!

Edited by Huntleigh