Move to collection

Muxlow

I have recently come across a travelbug that is marked as avaliable to move to my collection

I am not 100% sure what this means or what is the accepted protocol for ths situation so am here for some advice as am still new to the game

Are you sure that is what it says? Those words that are highlighted?

If you are referring to this one: The jumping TB

It would be difficult for you to add it to your collection and still have it to move to Canada, wouldn't you say?

The page does say "This is collectible", however I do not believe it was their intent to have you keep it.

The "Collectible" / "Not Collectible" option is confusing for many.

If I were you, I would email the owner and ask. It is entirely possible that they selected that option, not aware of just what it would say on the page.

Three of the Four that cacher has sent out say the same thing.

Read up on that option here: http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=250

EDIT to add: After reading that, you may see where the confusion arises.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

Read up on that option here: http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=250

EDIT to add: After reading that, you may see where the confusion arises.

Groundspeak edited the "Collectible" help page and made it more confusing?!! Cool!

If you have most of the set of a certain coin, you might (for example) bring the complete set around to various Events to get "Discovered" logs. So one coin is NOT yours, but if permission is granted, you take it out of circulation for however long is specified, in a special case. So it's as if he loaned an artifact to a museum, it still belongs to him, even though the artifact is in a "collection".

But FIRST ask the TO what his intentions are. The TO shouldn't leave "This is Collectible" selected when it's traveling, he should wait til a cacher asks to "Collect" it. If the TO means that someone may keep it, it can be adopted to a new owner. There's a process for that. If it seems like the TB is being offered to a finder, be sure to ask the TO if it may be adpoted to you. A coin added to a Collection doesn't automatically change owners.

Edited by kunarion

Hi thanks for the info

I have no intention of keeping it was just confused when i saw the option as the joy of travel bugs is moving them around

now i have an idea of what it means so thanks very much

You might send a PM to the Trackable Owner (or add to your TB log so it doesn't get lost in email), and suggest they switch it to "This is not Collectible". Lots of us like to click checkboxes :P, so maybe it was an error.

Edited by kunarion

Hi thanks for the info

I have no intention of keeping it was just confused when i saw the option as the joy of travel bugs is moving them around

You might send a PM to the Trackable Owner (or add to your TB log so it doesn't get lost in email), and suggest they switch it to "This is not Collectible". Lots of us like to click checkboxes :P, so maybe it was an error.

If this is indeed the trackable in question and you are not comfortable in contacting the owner, I can politely contact them on the differences in the settings.

Hi thanks for the info

If this is indeed the trackable in question and you are not comfortable in contacting the owner, I can politely contact them on the differences in the settings.

I am happy for you to contact them I am still fairly new to the game and dont want to offend any one just yet lol but will be placing the item in a new cache in the next couple of days so will be on the move soon