Magellan Customer Service

smakrag

Hello All.

I just bought an explorist 610 Canada and after taking it home i found out the touchscreen did not work very well. It had a dead zone in the lower left hand corner. I called magellan the next day and they told me to send them the unit for repair. I sent it to them on Tuesday and I received a brand new unit on Friday of the same week. I was very impressed. So if you are thinking about what gps to buy, the customer service with Magellan is excellent.

I have to agree with Shop99er, as I find this a little hard to believe myself.. Though, It may be because Magellan has sold all of these new devices, they know they should be supporting them, unlike they have their previous line which got them started.

Right now, finding a cord for an old Map410, is my present quest.. (it's an old 5-pin female plug, out to RS-232C.) I have some old data I want to download (Yes, I still have software to accomplish this. And a USB<--->RS-232c serial adapter that runs under Win-7X64)

If I were to contact Magellan for this, they'd say the device never existed.. (despite seeing 2 for sale on EBay, and it doesn't make sense spending $30 for a 2nd device with the cord..)

Stephen (gelfling6)