Search Filters

Hobo2

While searching for caches today for a possible caching trip this weekend, I always end up getting a bit frustrated with the time it takes me to find the type of caches I like. I like large caches... caches with TB's. But in order for me to find these (especially in the city) I have to wade through a sea of micros before I can find one that I like. Now I know many here like the micros too, and I do at times as well. But when I'm in an area away from home with little time to cache, or little time to search for caches, it would be nice to find some TB's or large caches that could hold some TB's, quickly.

I think a filter on the maps would be a VERY nice addition. If not a filter, at least having the size of the cache show up when hovering over caches on the map would be of great help.

Thanks!

PS. I would be glad to pay a bit more to have Google Maps back! Maybe a Premium Plus membership or something would help cover the cost.

Yes I have, this works well, but you have to load a very large area if you're traveling a long ways. See I'll be going into a large city and traveling a bit over 100 miles to get there. If I were to build a PQ I would end up with thousands to sort through that are off my route. I won't have time to stray too far off my route, so although my PQ may only show the caches I want, there would still be quite a bit of sorting to do. It would be MUCH easier just to follow my route using the map and only see the caches I wish. In fact, I would do more caching if I could quickly know what type of caches I'd be passing, because most times I just don't have the time to sort before I go.

Thanks for responding!