Oregon 450, how do I find out how far I have walked?

hello.... i have the 450t and as far as i know, cause i dont think that the units have pedometers is you turn on your tracking. but it will also track when you drive. so if you want a good value you might want to invest in an armband pedometer.

hello.... i have the 450t and as far as i know, cause i dont think that the units have pedometers is you turn on your tracking. but it will also track when you drive. so if you want a good value you might want to invest in an armband pedometer.

thanx for the reply. I can always turn off tracking before I get in the car for the ride home. Now how do I turn on tracking?

When you're ready to start measuring, go to Setup/Reset/Reset Trip Data -- This will reset your trip computer to zero. When you are finished measuring, take a screenshot by going to Setup/Display/Screen Capture-On then go to your Trip Computer page and press the power button. The screenshot is stored on the Oregon in the Garmin/scrn folder, which you can view on your computer.

Another method is to download your tracks into MapSource or BaseCamp or the MyGarmin Dashboard so you can see all the stats for your hike and edit the beginning & ending points.

From the main menu right arrow to the "track manager". Select "Current Track" button. At the start of your trip "Clear Current Track". At the end of your trip "Save Current Track". Transfer it to BaseCamp when you get home.

Alternatively, from the main menu "Setup" "Reset" "Reset Trip Data". You can read your mileage from the trip computer. But your OR did come with a manual, you should spend some time reading it.

Darn! Triple Crown answered it as I was typing.

Edited by seldom_sn

When you're ready to start measuring, go to Setup/Reset/Reset Trip Data -- This will reset your trip computer to zero. When you are finished measuring, take a screenshot by going to Setup/Display/Screen Capture-On then go to your Trip Computer page and press the power button. The screenshot is stored on the Oregon in the Garmin/scrn folder, which you can view on your computer.

Another method is to download your tracks into MapSource or BaseCamp or the MyGarmin Dashboard so you can see all the stats for your hike and edit the beginning & ending points.

Thank you