Download to Explorist GC

SHORTe6

I have a Explorist GC. Can I download multiple caches at one time. It holds 10,000 not that I want to fill it up, but would like to have a few downloaded in the areas I travel the most. Any help would be appeciated.

You are a premium member, you can absolutely download multiple caches at one time to it. I have one, what do you need help with? Do you know how to do Pocket Queries?

Pocket Quires...Drag and Drop.......1000 @ time woks fine with my explorist GC....not all that hard to do / learn.....

Yep. Your GPS when connected to the computer is basically a drive, you find that drive on "my computer" (assuming Windows, of course), and you just drop the sucker in. :P

I have Magellan Vantage Point software installed, but have not used with PQ's (seeing as drag and drop is so easy). Have you tried, Gideon?

Pocket Quires...Drag and Drop.......1000 @ time woks fine with my explorist GC....not all that hard to do / learn.....

Yep. Your GPS when connected to the computer is basically a drive, you find that drive on "my computer" (assuming Windows, of course), and you just drop the sucker in. :P

I have Magellan Vantage Point software installed, but have not used with PQ's (seeing as drag and drop is so easy). Have you tried, Gideon?

"NO"

(got it but have not used it)

Here's the method I use with my GC:

1. Ensure that your PC and GC are powered on.

2. Ensure that your PQ(s) are downloaded, and unzipped into a folder you can find. (I use a folder on my desktop.)

3. Plug the USB cable to the computer and GC. When the option window comes up, select "Connect to PC".

4. A window should pop up in Windows, that gives you options. Choose "Open Folder to View Files".

5. Navigate to the /Geocaches folder on the GC. Copy the PQ .gpx file here.

6. Navigate to the Waypoints folder on the GC. Copy the wpts.gpx file here.

7. Disconnect the cable, and the GC should restart. You should see all of your caches on the list.

8. Also of note, the GC will hold 10,000 caches. I, however, delete all of the gpx files in mine, and do a clean load every time. Easier for me to keep track of that way.

I have never even seen VantagePoint, so I have no clue how it works.

Hope this helps!

Here's the method I use with my GC:

1. Ensure that your PC and GC are powered on.

2. Ensure that your PQ(s) are downloaded, and unzipped into a folder you can find. (I use a folder on my desktop.)

3. Plug the USB cable to the computer and GC. When the option window comes up, select "Connect to PC".

4. A window should pop up in Windows, that gives you options. Choose "Open Folder to View Files".

5. Navigate to the /Geocaches folder on the GC. Copy the PQ .gpx file here.

6. Navigate to the Waypoints folder on the GC. Copy the wpts.gpx file here.

7. Disconnect the cable, and the GC should restart. You should see all of your caches on the list.

8. Also of note, the GC will hold 10,000 caches. I, however, delete all of the gpx files in mine, and do a clean load every time. Easier for me to keep track of that way.

I have never even seen VantagePoint, so I have no clue how it works.

Hope this helps!

If you upgrade software to version 1.7 ,drag and drop no longer works. You have to sync with vantagepoint.

What??? That's whacked. And Magellan still needs to fix the "send to GPS" error, where you get a pop-up asking you if you want to upgrade to a newer version of Magellan Explorer every time, when you don't need to, and have to cancel out the pop-up.

If you upgrade software to version 1.7 ,drag and drop no longer works. You have to sync with vantagepoint.

Just because it doesn't work for you doesn't mean that it doesn't work for everyone. I have version 1.7, drag and drop works for me.

Phew. And I just fired it up, and I had 1.7 right out of the box the whole time. :lol: Talk to us, FordRoadPirates, maybe we can help.