Betcha Didn't Know This

I was having a problem with tracks not displaying on a 78S, so I contacted Garmin CS.

Here's what I got back from Garmin.......

"Thank you for contacting Garmin International.

I will be more than happy to assist you in your issue today and thank you for being a Garmin customer.

At this time, Garmin does not suggest installing GPX files, tracks or waypoints onto the SD card of your GPS handheld unit for it can cause issues with viewing such data. Most likely this is causing your current issue. The operating system of our devices is intended to read only mapping in most cases on the SD card.

Please install your data onto the internal memory only and this will most likely resolve your issue.

If you have any other questions, please do let us know and thank you for being a Garmin customer."

Ever hear that little tidbit of information?

If the user is not supposed to store gpx files,or waypoints,or tracks, on the card because "it can cause issues with viewing such data." and since the operating system "is intended to read only mapping IN MOST CASES on the SD card."......sure raises a lot of ?????in my mind.