Apisphere Geomate.jr

I know this has been discontinued and you now have to use PQ's which is no problem since I am a PM.

I am interested in buying one off of ebay or somewhere with an update kit for my grand daughter. She loves caching with me but would like to do more than just follow me to the area. So I am looking for one very cheap because she only spends about a week end a month with us.

My question is about how it works, like can you delete all the current PQ's from it and then add different ones? Or will one PQ just over write the one you previously loaded so that instead of 250,000 caches it will now only have 1,000 caches from a single PQ?

Thank You

Thank You for the reply.

Not much, as she is only here once a month. Currently I have a bid in on one with the update kit at ebay for 36.00. :) I hope I get lucky with that one but I doubt it.

But if you load a PQ (1,000 max caches) does that mean that it will only do 1,000 at a time now? Or can you load multiple PQ's to it with out them over writing each other?

Thank You for the reply.

Not much, as she is only here once a month. Currently I have a bid in on one with the update kit at ebay for 36.00. :) I hope I get lucky with that one but I doubt it.

But if you load a PQ (1,000 max caches) does that mean that it will only do 1,000 at a time now? Or can you load multiple PQ's to it with out them over writing each other?

Only one PQ can be installed ... And once you do, you will lose the caches that come pre-installed. If you try to add another, it will overwrite the last one. I haven't tried this... But I'm sure nothing has changed in the geomate memory.

There is a group of people on Facebook trying to keep the geomate alive in its current form. And a nice instruction set out there also... Let's see if I can find those links for you.... BRB