Garmin Communicator Plug-in 64 Bit

macfuddl

Hello

Today I installed the brand-new Garmin Communicator Plug-In 64 Bit.

My device (Etrex Vista HCX) is marked as found, but sending a cache to the device does not work.

No error message, no beep, just the line saying "/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/GarminGpsControl.plugin/Contents/Resources/GPX10toGPX11.xsl"

I run this on Mac OS X 10.7.2 with Firefox 9.0.1.

With Safari 5.1.2, the plug-in says "Geocache GC<xxxxx>.gpx saved successfully", but the cache is not sent.

Is the new plug-in not supported by Groundspeak yet?

Edited by macfuddl

Sorry, I didn't say clearly where this happens...

I try to send one single cache with the "Send to my GPS"-Button in the cache listing.

No need to have a card in the GPSR. No need to have the device shown on the desktop. Just one single cache. Neither PQ nor multi cache GPX file.

With the etrex 30 and being a premium member there is no need for the communicator, just download a PQ and drop the GPXfile in the \Garmin\GPX folder :)

Sorry, but that's not the point here!

No, but if you can do it another (better IMO) way then why do you need to use the communicator? You don't even need it for firmware updates... :)

With the etrex 30 and being a premium member there is no need for the communicator, just download a PQ and drop the GPXfile in the \Garmin\GPX folder :)

Sorry, but that's not the point here!

No, but if you can do it another (better IMO) way then why do you need to use the communicator? You don't even need it for firmware updates... :)

We're having the same issue - just updated the plug ins and we get the /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/GarminGpsControl.plugin/Contents/Resources/GPX10toGPX11.xsl message- I've contacted Garmin but I suspect they'll tell me I'm out of luck. Kind of bites having to find a work around. We too would like to just drop a single file in the list. I was contemplating wiping the unit clean and starting fresh as it as become cluttered with various files over the years but I'm not going to try it now. Hope someone can figure this out soon. I did notice that I had to change to 32 bit to download the file - I suppose this is the root of the problem!