How does eTrex H indicate WAAS corrections?

My take on the use of SBAS (Satellite Based Augmentation Systems), is that theyre not intended to improve accuracy per se, but rather to help eliminate random fluctuations in accuracy due to ionospheric disturbances. In reality, this is only really of great import in aviation use, but since my unit has the ability, and i doubt its enabling has any great detrimental effect on battery life, i think having it on is sensible. It may help a little to stabilise the unit when in the sort of high Radio Frequency energy environs i often find myself in!

For what its worth, I didnt see any indication of the SBAS capability in use, so suspect that such a basic unit probably doesnt give any explicit indication of it.

I, personally, DO see an improvement from use of WAAS. My understanding is, since the satellites are in geostationary orbit, that the closer you are the the equator, the more WAAS will help you. I live in Central Florida, so I'm closer to the equator than the UK is, so that could be why I see more improvement than sussamb and Flyingcompass.

I used to live in Indiana, and I left WAAS off on my eTrex Vista, Magellan Meridian Green, and Garmin Colorado 500t because it seemed to degrade my location accuracy and consistency.