Newb Family goes GecCaching

davetherocketguy

So I loaded a zillion GC's on my Garmin eTrex 10 and took my family out for an afternoon of geocaching while we are having this stint of unseasonably warm weather. We went to a nature reserve to hit up 9 GC's but only managed to get 6 because it was time to find a bathroom. Then we went to a nearby town to get a few there. Almost had to rip the eTrex from my wife's hands because she kept wanting to find more. In fact, even my kiddos were really into it. I did not expect this.

So a few observations from today:

1. Found a park/nature preserve I never knew existed and I've lived in this area since 1995.

2. Some of you people leave some way cool stuff in the caches.

3. FINALLY. I found something the entire family can do TOGETHER.

4. I am so glad I got this eTrex for Christmas. The ability to load cache info without making a print out is awesome. If we would have needed printouts for each location this would not have been nearly as fun.

-Dave

Was this your first time out? If so y'all did a great job, many newbies are not this successful on their first try!

Glad you guys are enjoying this, expect to be brought to lots of hidden jewels like the park you discovered...that's one of the coolest things about this game!