Uploading Field Notes

Jaamodt

Found out the options of uploading Field Notes from my GPS. This is an Garmin GPSmap62s. I also use EasyGPS to transfer Pocket Query(caches) to my GPS. Suddenly I am not able to upload Field Notes any more. I see my GPS is not supportet, but I still find the file "geocache_visits.txt". Is there anyone else who meet the same problems? Is there an solution?

If you are changing the names of the caches when you upload them from EasyGPS to the Garmin they won't upload via Field Notes. The cache name has to be the GC number of the cache.

Open your geocache_visits.txt with a text editor and see if you see GC numbers or Cache Names.

Found that myself too, after reading the helpfile in EasyGPS :) . But thnx anyway. Have a happy new year :D

I'm having a problem uploading my field notes from 2012. Had no problems up to this point using this feature with my Colorado. I've opened the text file & it appears legit. Can someone give me some ideas on how to remedy this? I have a BUNCH of caches to log from a recent cache machine...

I'm having a problem uploading my field notes from 2012. Had no problems up to this point using this feature with my Colorado. I've opened the text file & it appears legit. Can someone give me some ideas on how to remedy this? I have a BUNCH of caches to log from a recent cache machine...

Have you done any changes when you save the cache to the GPS unit. I use Pocket Query to update my GPS, and when I transfer the caches, I changed the cacheinfo.I use EASYgps to transfer the quiery to the GPS. When I saved the cache-info by "cache number" it worked just fine.

I'm having a problem uploading my field notes from 2012. Had no problems up to this point using this feature with my Colorado. I've opened the text file & it appears legit.

Well if it worked before, obviously you know how to do it. What happens when you try to upload the file now? Do you get an error message or any other message in red?