Geocaching Meets TED.com

TeamAO

Hey all,

I've been lurking for a long time, and caching through friends and whatnot. But, I've always held the sport close to my heart. I went to a conference at Penn State a few weekends ago and got to see Jeremy (yep, that Jeremy) give a talk about his experiences with Geocaching. This forum usually has perspectives of cachers, but the perspective of the founder of this site moved me to get back on here again, and load up my GPS for a spin.

Here's the link:

What do you all think? :smile:

-TeamAO

"I make bad technology decisions" :blink:

May we quote that if we need to on the next release?:huh:

I laughed at that comment too, but he did seem very humble about his approach. I don't know if I would (or could) be that humble if I ran a website this big! :laughing:

I hope nobody takes my comment too seriously. I'm sure that he listens to his end users when it comes to deciding what is a good change to make.

-TeamAO

I enjoyed it. Jeremy is a decent public speaker. B)

But come on Jeremy, "If you don't have something go wrong, then there's no story," is a bit PC.

Just come out and say that it doesn't get fun until you bleed a little for a find. :anibad: Those are the best stories. :laughing:

BTW I STILL have a working LVD player and 300+ LVD's. Anyone wanna buy 'em? :unsure:

Edited by Snoogans

-TeamAO

I enjoyed it. Jeremy is a decent public speaker. B)

But come on Jeremy, "If you don't have something go wrong, then there's no story," is a bit PC.

Just come out and say that it doesn't get fun until you bleed a little for a find. :anibad: Those are the best stories. :laughing:

BTW I STILL have a working LVD player and 300+ LVD's. Anyone wanna buy 'em? :unsure:

I have an old betamax VCR. 600 bucks new.