Caches along I-95

moparots

WHOOPS! I MEANT INTERSTATE 75 Orlando to Atlanta Sorry

Hello all, its been a long time since Ive posted on the forums. I am driving from Orlando to Atlanta for the holidays, I will be traveling with two non cachers, the wife and 7 year old daughter. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what "quality" caches to stop at on the way. Fun, unusual, unique, caches? Cool, beautiful, historic places?

We will do a little caching in and around Stone Mtn too. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

WHOOPS! I MEANT INTERSTATE 75 Orlando to Atlanta Sorry

Edited by moparots

I got pulled in by the I-95 reference as I travel parts of it regularly. Sorry I cannot help you directly.

You may want to ask a mod to change your thread title and you will probably get some answers from the "South and Southeast" section of the forum

Good Luck!

For caching outside my normal circles, I am a big fan of Favorite Points. Granted, we all have differing tastes, but for me, any cache with more than 10 points, and a percentage higher than 20, has proven to be a good cache. If I were planning such a trip, the first thing I would do is pick a spot, (such as Stone Mountain), then sort the results by favorite points, like this.

Then I scan down the list, looking for cache owner names that are oft repeated. This tells me who hides really awesome caches. Looking at that list, I'd be stalking mtn-man, erik88l-r, LZ33, Lakebum, and gaparks. Then I'd toss them all on a map and see which ones fit my route.

If you don't mind adding a couple hours drive north, one of the ones in gaparks list, Cloudland Canyon State Park, is well worth the drive.