How best to search for new caches

Dr. Boggis

Hi folks,

With the San Diego area being such a hotbed of cachers, and the extremely slim chance of getting a FTF unless you have the website downloading straight into your brain, is there a quick way to search for *new* caches in an area? Or at least to filter finds so that only caches hidden in the last 7 days show up? I can't see it if there is. I suppose I could use the new maps and only leave the "new" box checked, but a simple list (which I could then download the coords of) would be more useful.

If I search from my home coords, and filter out caches I have found, the site returns nearly 1800 caches!

Have I just missed an obvious option? I am a subscriber so it can't be that.

Try this link. It's what I (and hundreds if not thousands of others) use to get the scoop on caches in the area almost as soon as they are approved.

I was sitting on the computer this afternoon, tweeking a new cache at the request of an approver, and I got my message from skydiver before I got the message from gc.com that the cache had been approved.

Now if I just didn't have to work. I could jump at every one of these "new cache alerts."

texasgeocaching_sm.gifmystats.php?userid=ShaneN4Girls&vopt=user&txtdata=Find%20your%20purpose...&bgcol=FFFFFF&fgcol=000000&imbadge=y&badgetyp=texas1.jpg

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."- Jim Elliot

quote:
Originally posted by mcdefjef:

I tried that site months ago as well as today. Get an ISE error when I try to sign up. Does this thing actually work??

Yes, it works great for me. Unfortunately I also have to work and cannot jump on the ones released midweek.

PSUPAUL of

Team Geo-Remdation