[FEATURE] Geocashing.com map

ripperjack369

I use a popular android map service to geocache with called locus maps pro. There is a free version of the app but i like it so much that i paid for it. There is a feature on there where you can put a circle around all of 161m around all of the cashes in a location so that you can see where you can find a location to put a cashe. I geocache mainly with my phone so i don't need the feature online but i was thinking that it would be something yall could add to the online maps here to make them a little more usable for placing cashes.

I hope this would be rarely needed: if there's a cache within 200m of your preferred hiding spot then is it really necessary to plant another one? Try a less cache-saturated area.

In any case, the 161m-radius circles wouldn't tell you about hidden waypoints, so they'd be at best a partial solution to whatever diabolical plan you may be hatching to cover the world in film canisters.

I also use a program on my cellphone, called "c:geo". It also has the circles available for use.

It shows red opaque circles around traditional caches and dotted line circles around multi and puzzle caches.

It is very helpful.

Especially if you have a particular location you want to use, then you can see if you are out of the reach of the other cache. Would it be possible to implement this on the geocaching website maps?

It may not tell you about hidden waypoints, but it would give you a general idea.

The 528ft/161m guideline is a limit for cache saturation. It is not a goal for cache placement.

If the only way you can find a spot that is at least 528ft/161m from all physical stages of other caches is to use such a map, then perhaps it would be better to seek out new places to hide caches, rather than putting more caches in an area where so many caches already exist.