Lazy Garmin Oregon 400t, need fix

TeamGeoduck

My Garmin Oregon 400t, which I have had since August 2008, has lost its stamina. When caching for a few hours, the GPS will just shut off. When I restart it, it either does the screen fade at (or around the) loading topo maps at start up or just freezes around that point and I need to do a battery pull. I cannot get the little sucker to restart, it keeps dying at the same point. But, if I turn the GPSr on again after a few hours of rest, it works fine again. I have reinstalled the software/firmware, but no real change. I also put fresh batteries in the GPSr and it still dies. Help! Any ideas? I have dropped it quite a few times over the past three years and there has been something rattling inside it for quite awhile too, but with no ill-effects. It the unit dieing and I should snag a Black 'Friday' Weekend deal, or is there a fix?

Thanks in advance.

With the Oregon 450 being released in 2009, do you think I should wait (I have have 60csx for backup) for the new year to see if they will have an updated Oregon or it the $219 deal to good to pass up?

A lot will depend on what $219 means to you. If it's the change you found behind the sofa cushions go ahead and buy another one. If you had to sell your firstborn for medical research to raise it, stick with the CSx for now.

Chances are there will be post-Christmas sales, post-Easter sales, summer sales, Black Friday sales next year etc.