ARGH! Need help with Magellan eXplorist 310

Flowera

I was so looking forward to getting my paperless GPS but I can't figure out how to upload caches from my MAC to the GPS.

Vantage Point is not Mac compatible,

I tried dowloading Magellan Communicator and that's not working when I try to "send to my GPS"

Honestly, I am computer illiterate with this stuff...I am also not a premium member so I can't do the GPX

When I click on LOC waypoint, it just gives me paragrahs of jibberish

What am I doing wrong?

The Magellan communicator sucks and is a pain to get working on a PC much less a mac. ITs nice that you have a paperless unit but without being a premium member you won't be able to get the paperless data. Here is what you need to do.

When you do a search for local caches use the check boxes to select the caches you want then click on the download waypoints button at the bottom of the page. That gives you a .loc file. You will need to find a mac compatible app that will allow you to open .loc files and save them as .gs or .gpx files. Once that is done plug your GPSr into your mac and open it like its a disk drive and navigate to the Geocaching folder. Drop your .gs/.gpx file in there and your done.

would i be having an easier time if i was a premium member?

The Magellan communicator sucks and is a pain to get working on a PC much less a mac. ITs nice that you have a paperless unit but without being a premium member you won't be able to get the paperless data. Here is what you need to do.

When you do a search for local caches use the check boxes to select the caches you want then click on the download waypoints button at the bottom of the page. That gives you a .loc file. You will need to find a mac compatible app that will allow you to open .loc files and save them as .gs or .gpx files. Once that is done plug your GPSr into your mac and open it like its a disk drive and navigate to the Geocaching folder. Drop your .gs/.gpx file in there and your done.

Ok well to conclude, I bought the premium membership and now can just download gpx files directly into the GPS. Sorry to be so dramatic!!! See you out there!!!

How did you do it? (Download waypoints to Explorist on Mac)... I hit the "check all" followed by download and couldn't make it work...?