[FEATURE] Expand number of "Quick Entry" choices

Cardinal Red

When you want to add additional Waypoints to a Cache Page you are directed to the "Add a New Waypoint" section. The topline selection available is "Quick Entry:" which is GREAT. It automatically fills in the "Type:", "Name:", "Waypoint Lookup Code:" and "Prefix Code:" fields with standardized data. The ONLY problem with "Quick Entry:" is that the choices are so limited. The only choices available are:

Parking | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Final

But if you look at the dropdown menu of the "Type" field you see several other possible selections:

Type:

-Choose A Waypoint Type-

Final Location

Parking Area

Question to Answer

Reference Point

Stages of a Multicache

Trailhead

If you choose a Waypoint Type from this dropdown menu you must manually fill in all the remaining fields. Notice that all the fields that were available in "Quick Entry:" are also available here. If you really do want to customize any/all Parking coordinate fields, there is no requirement to select it from the "Type" field. You could just pick it out of "Quick Entry:" and edit the automatically filled in data. That is really not the issue I am hoping to address. but am just pointing out that a properly expanded "Quick Entry:" section could totally eliminate the need for a "Type:" section.

What I really want is to be able to make any possible Type selection available from the "Quick Entry:" section. If Groundspeak would choose to keep both fields (both having all possible types available) that would be fine. I just don't see the reason to keep the very handy, quick, and easy "Quick Entry:" section so limited.

Also while this is up for discussion, does anyone have any suggestions for possible additions to the available Waypoint Types?

THUD

That was the sound of my FEATURE suggestion hitting rock bottom. It was read a few times but nobody felt any need to comment. There isn't anybody here that thinks there would be any benefit from this suggestion? At least will somebody tell me how stupid an idea it is so I can let it die this time. Really, I can take it. Hit me with your best shot.

BOING

... and that's the sound of your FEATURE suggestion rebounding to the top.

As to your suggestion? Mmm, yeah, pretty handy I guess. I think it would be even better if quick entry was mandatory for all field types: editable fields are shown only when you've selected the waypoint type, and they start off filled with the default values.

PS: now how about returning the favour with a comment on my idea of Unified List Handling - post #2 here. TIA.

Edited by I!