Montana Ram-Mount cradle now available

Barrikady

What are your impressions? Solid? Weak? Will it hold the Montana safely through any jolt or jar? It appears rather robust in the photo but you never know for sure until it's in front of you. Thanks.

I bought one too and got it tonight along with the diamond ball mount. Clip the GPS in and it's not going anywhere.

(about $10 including shipping)

this looks the same and from gpscity, but the price is 36.95

http://www.gpscity.com/ram-mount-garmin-montana-600-650-650t-motorcycle-mount-ram-b-149-ga46u.html

You are showing the Montana cradle and other components that may, or may not, be necessary to mount the cradle depending on what are your mounting requirements.

Here is the cradle by itself

This is the cradle and the mounting accessory I purchased to mount the Montana on a bicycle: About $20 shipped

Edited by Barrikady

Many thanks

Does the cradle cover the charging socket?

I mean can I charge the montana while mounted on the cradle?

Good question.

Ram-Mount did a great job in designing the cradle. Truth be told, it was worth the wait.

You can charge the Montana while it is in the cradle.

If your Montana has a camera, you can take a picture while the Montana is in the cradle.

You can attach the Montana to an audio cable while the Montana is in the cradle.

You can attach an external antenna while the Montana is in the cradle.

I will post some more pictures and user comments later today. The cradle is plastic.

Edited by Barrikady

The cradle is well made and solid. There is however a potential weak spot with the mount I purchased to which the cradle is attached. I would not use this mount if I was doing serious off-road mountain biking. My perception is that the mount could fail if there was significant jarring and torque applied to the mount. If you plan to use the Montana cradle for serious mountain biking there is another Ram-Mount mount I suggest you consider. Consider this mount for gonzo riding.

Here is the reason I did not choose the stronger mount. The mount that I purchased allows the user to remove the Montana cradle from the bike. I like that ability. I do not want the cradle to be attached to the bike all the time. The stronger mount has the cradle permanently attached to the mount, and is not easily or quickly removable.

montanamount2.jpg

montanamount5.jpg

montanamount4.jpg

montanamount1.jpg

montanamount3.jpg

Edited by Barrikady