Anyone on Skye?

I laid a cache on the Isle of Skye a few days ago, but need a local cacher to act as a proxy owner in order for it to be enabled... I visit every month so anticipate minimal contact will be needed from anyone kind enough to agree to help me out, but the rules say it can't be enabled unless someone on the island agrees to accept responsibility for it. I've told the reviewer I visit every month but he still wants a local cacher to accept responsibility for when I am not there. The cache is safe and dry and has an initial log book for 132 logs. There's a travel bug and everything in it so if nothing else it would be great for it to be enabled for that to be taken and then I can disable it and remove it the next time I visit if no one wants to maintain it for longer.

I've messaged two local Skye geocachers but not had any replies as yet hence posting a plea on here. It's a very special cache and would mean the world to me if someone could help out to get it enabled.

If you can help me, please reply and we can discuss more off forum The co-ordinates are N 57° 25.797 W 006° 46.831.

Yours in hope...!

Becka/beetlebug54

You would have thought a once a month visit would be sufficient. I imagine most geocaches get less attention than that!

As far as I know the cache hiding guidelines don't say that you must live near the cache, but rather you have a maintenance plan in place, which you do.

(I've found a total of two caches on Skye!)

Edited by Mark+Karen

WOOOHOOOOO!!!! A lovely friendly Skye cacher has agreed to look after it when I am not there so hopefully it can be enabled now.Thanks so much for the reply and support. I found 8 caches there last week whilst on holiday. First time I have had success tho as was using an actual GPS, previously I'd had no signal on my phone to even attempt!

Happy Beetlebug54