NANOs

TraxxUs

What a total waste of time and effort.

These useless pieces of garbage have totally infested the Lakeland area here around the Cold Lake area.

Some people and groups are doing this just so they can get the stats, nothing more. There are so many that i cant even find regular caches amonst the hoards of Nanos while viewing the maps of the area. Its pathetic.

There are individuals that will place a cache and then log thier friend as the FTF, just so they get the stat. The cache owner will sign the log for another user....who would ever know?? It happens a lot.

I signed up again as a premium member so i could have the option of ignoring or blocking the useless Nano huggers. NOPE, doesnt work that way. Ive wasted my $30.00. Just because of these stupid practices, Groundspeak will never have me as a member again and I will make sure that that when i have the opportunity to discuss geocaching with new prospects, I will discourage them due to the useless flood of Nanos.

I enjoy caching but this practice is discouraging me from even logging into this site anymore. I have emailed Groundspeak about the policies that govern the rules of placement, but as usual....NO REPLY

Zoom out and u will see the useless Nanos

End of Rant....Just say No to Nanos

I feel your pain. But "useless pieces of garbage" has no sway with Groundspeak. They don't have to worry about your opinion because we are overwhelmingly outnumbered by the nano cachers. It won't do any good, but are you familiar with the FEEDBACK Site? The number TWO votes received suggestion is Make a nano cache-size option. Feel free to click on the link and vote for it. Note that Jeremy indicated they will get around to it eventually, but I have lost faith in his leadership.

As long as Groundspeak offers Pocket Queries I must pay. You just have to hold your nose to avoid the smell coming from the direction Groundspeak has been heading for a long time.

These useless pieces of garbage have totally infested the Lakeland area here around the Cold Lake area.

Some people and groups are doing this just so they can get the stats, nothing more. There are so many that i cant even find regular caches amonst the hoards of Nanos while viewing the maps of the area. Its pathetic.

There are individuals that will place a cache and then log thier friend as the FTF, just so they get the stat. The cache owner will sign the log for another user....who would ever know?? It happens a lot.

I signed up again as a premium member so i could have the option of ignoring or blocking the useless Nano huggers. NOPE, doesnt work that way. Ive wasted my $30.00. Just because of these stupid practices, Groundspeak will never have me as a member again and I will make sure that that when i have the opportunity to discuss geocaching with new prospects, I will discourage them due to the useless flood of Nanos.

I enjoy caching but this practice is discouraging me from even logging into this site anymore. I have emailed Groundspeak about the policies that govern the rules of placement, but as usual....NO REPLY

Oh man, that's rough. I clicked on a few and yep, micro....micro....micro....unknown (probably a nano)...micro....small....micro. Micros even in the parks.

I signed up again as a premium member so i could have the option of ignoring or blocking the useless Nano huggers. NOPE, doesnt work that way.

Which part doesn't work?

You have access to an Ignore list. You have the ability to filter out Micros from your Pocket Queries. It shouldn't be too hard to focus on caches you are likely to have a better chance to enjoy.

I see Seattle, a good 30 miles from Canada?

Not a big fan, but there's not too many in my area. The fact that they cost a few dollars apiece is somewhat of a deterrent, no? Not like they're free like film canisters.

So perhaps you might enjoy this video by an Australian Geocacher:

P.S. if anyone knows how to imbed a video in a post, rather than post the link, I'd sure like to know how to do it. I've tried like 10 different times on two occasions now.

Edited by Mr.Yuck

lets see here...YOU don't like nanos so you call them "useless pieces of garbage"...fine, its your opinion yet seems to me you do go for them

how exactly do you distinguish the nanos on the map? :blink:

and what does exactly is your problem with the CO signing their friend as FTF?...for one FTF is not even something official, second that tells me that you have actually went for those "useless pieces of garbage"

if your only criteria for appreciating the Premium Membership is that you can't filter out the nanos, you are missing out on all the other benefits that come with being PM

if the way other people choose to cache (i.e. the "stupid practices") is what is discouraging you from logging on the site and enjoying geocaching, i have to say you are probably better off picking another hobby

and what exactly am i supposed to see in the link to the maps you posted? :blink:

I see Seattle, a good 30 miles from Canada?

Not a big fan, but there's not too many in my area. The fact that they cost a few dollars apiece is somewhat of a deterrent, no? Not like they're free like film canisters.

So perhaps you might enjoy this video by an Australian Geocacher:

P.S. if anyone knows how to imbed a video in a post, rather than post the link, I'd sure like to know how to do it. I've tried like 10 different times on two occasions now.

Thanks t4e!! But you'll have to tell me which link on youtube you used, whether or not you used the "insert media" button at the top of the post, or what the heck you did. A PM would work, I'm sure.

That's why you see edit on the bottom of my post. I'll bet I tried like 8 different things there. :laughing:

TraxxUs,

I don't see the issue you're having with nano caches. You have to realize that its a part of the game. They are very easy to hide and some people enjoy hunting for them. You should be able to filter out micros from your search results, although granted that will also lose you the ability to find film-canister types.

Despite this, I can understand your frustration. If you're disillusioned with geocaching, maybe you should just take a break for a while?