Getting caches to my new GPSr

LynnMarieP+BTC

HELP ME! - before I throw this $350 rock through my window. I just bought a Garmin Oregon 450 from REI today. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get geocaches on it. Garmin seems to have their own competitor site called opencaching, but I don't want to use that. I like it here. I've been geocaching using my smartphone and managed to find 188 caches that way. I just wanted something to help me get closer in trees.

If you have any idea, please walk me through it.

Thanks in advance!

Lynn Marie P

Here is another good link to have http://support.Groundspeak.com/

Thanks, Dave. But how do I get the query on to my GPSr?

And it was really simple to get the one on there, but I want them ALL on there. (Or at least all within a specific area or route.)

Unzip the pocket query and then drag and drop the extracted gpx file into the X:\Garmin\GPX folder where X: is the drive assigned to your GPS by your computer when you plug the Oregon into the USB port.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, Ladybug and Dave! This information was nowhere on either the Garmin website or the geocaching website that I could find. It wasn't in the garmin operating manual either. I had tried several times to get the information into that exact folder, but apparently it has to be zipped then unzipped to work.

Thank you both again!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, Ladybug and Dave! This information was nowhere on either the Garmin website or the geocaching website that I could find. It wasn't in the garmin operating manual either. I had tried several times to get the information into that exact folder, but apparently it has to be zipped then unzipped to work.

Thank you both again!

Has to be UN-ZIPPED :)

Just ask :) that is what we are here for. I am no where near an expert. Just know enough to get my self in trouble ......

Edited by Davequal