How to obtain a single trackable number

W4G_SOTAGoat

If I wanted to obtain a single trackable number to use on a piece of jewelry or something similar, is that possible? If so, how do I go about it?

Would it be easier to just purchase a TB and use it's number? This item would never be released into the wild and would remain in the hands of the owner to "pass through" caches, be discovered, etc.

You already have the easiest solution - buy a set of TB tags, which will all come with a unique code, and use that for your trackable. If it is for a personal piece (ie a personal tracker) then you can just register your item using the code and you are good to go. If it is for a piece you want to release into the wild, then you will want to either attach the tags or transfer the tracking code across, but I would probably advise against putting something too valuable like jewellery out as a trackable as there is the potential for loss or theft.

Tracking codes are normally sold in lots by Groundspeak, which come with a fairly hefty minimum order - there are companies who have bought a lot of codes and sell them individually, but to be honest it is probably easier buying a set of TB tags which are more readily available and give you the tags themselves as a reminder of the code.