Challenges of the Mid-Atlantic

nikcap

The Geocaching Challenges are still a work in progress, but some have proven to be kind of interesting, and a heck of a lot of fun.

Since the search feature is still not ideal (well, really, it's not that good at all), I would like to start a thread linking some of the more interesting Challenges.

For those that happen to enjoy the new Challenges, hopefully this thread will help you find more cool and interesting location. Feel free to promote your Challenges, but be sure to post the best or most interesting ones that you've completed or have heard about.

Please direct any negative comments regarding Challenges to one of the many threads in the General Forums or Feedback site. This thread should be to highlight the best Challenges in the Mid-Atlantic area. Hopefully, it will inspire more well place Challenges.

Edited by ekitt10

My son is a Ravens fan, for his birthday he wanted tickets, we obliged and I got to drive him along with two of his Jet's Fan friends to Baltimore for an 8 PM game. We arrived mid afternoon, I parked, they went off to do their football stuff and I got to walk about the Inner Harbor area. There are a few caches I had not done on previous visits and interspersed with them I was able to do several local Challenges. It was a lot of fun for someone alone in Baltimore--and I was indeed alone for everyone else was going to the game. So for an enjoyable location I would say Baltimore.

This is a pretty cool one.

Don't Feed the Cows

This is a classic "Virtual cache"

Unfortunately, this has made it into the "Locationless" circuit. Too bad. It's a very interesting spot.

Logged from Quebec, Saskatchewan, and Utah, at the very least. The logs could be flagged, but hey, who am I to post an armchair flag? :)

OK, another classic "virtual cache", which I'll bet if anyone thought to make it one in 2001 or 2002, it would probably have been a classic with dozens of favorite points Visit Buffalo City Hall Observation Deck

Here's one that just came out in Bristol, PA.

GPS Tour of Historic Bristol Port Canal Rails - CX2FEA

How cool is that idea! :)

would have been a good cache series. I did the same thing in my town as a cache series a few years ago. The first stop involved picking up a cd rom with a power point presentation. It was well received.

Sadly.

I conclude that the challenge thing is falling flat locally. I base this on discussions with my compatriots, who say they wanted traditional virtual caches and got something lacking. There has been a lot of negativity in this arena.

Here's one that just came out in Bristol, PA.

GPS Tour of Historic Bristol Port Canal Rails - CX2FEA

How cool is that idea! :)

would have been a good cache series. I did the same thing in my town as a cache series a few years ago. The first stop involved picking up a cd rom with a power point presentation. It was well received.

Sadly.

I conclude that the challenge thing is falling flat locally. I base this on discussions with my compatriots, who say they wanted traditional virtual caches and got something lacking. There has been a lot of negativity in this arena.