How to rate a this cache

Fryguy1111

My proposed cache is very easy to get to...probably a 1, but to get to the cache itself (pretty obvious where it could be), some assistance or help may be needed.

For example, the cache will be hidden in a tree (easy to get to as it's in a sidewalk), but the cache is placed in a small natural hole (2" in diameter in the trunk about 8 feet up (the only place it could be hidden, so it is pretty obvious). My 10 yo son spotted the hole and I lifted him up a couple of feet and says it's a perfect spot...so assistance from another person or a small stool would probably be necessary to get a hand up there.

So before I submit my cache to a reviewer, I need some advice on how to rate this. What do you rate the difficulty on a cache where one knows where it is, but can't readily get to it? I thought the difficulty rating was finding the cache once at the GZ, not accessing the cache.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

(Keep in mind, ratings are highly subjective)

I'd go 2/2. The hole might not be obvious to everyone (sounds like it wasn't to you) and even if it is, some might not consider a likely spot if it is not reachable w/o assitance. If the only way to get to it is to climb something (be that a stool, the tree itself, or someones shoulders) then it's at least a two.

My rule of thumb is 1 obatainable while seated in a wheel chair, 1.5 can be done on crutches. If neither of those apply then it's at least a 2.

just my $0.02

Difficulty 2. Terrain 3. Terrain seems a little tricky to gauge right without seeing the tree. Tree Climbing = T4. This sounding not quite like full fledged tree climbing I'd go T3. 8 feet up is still elevation that most people could got retrieve or replace without a stool, ladder, teammate, or climbing.

Regardless of what you rate it, please make sure to use the In A Tree attribute.

Difficulty 2. Terrain 3. Terrain seems a little tricky to gauge right without seeing the tree. Tree Climbing = T4. This sounding not quite like full fledged tree climbing I'd go T3. 8 feet up is still elevation that most people could got retrieve or replace without a stool, ladder, teammate, or climbing.

Regardless of what you rate it, please make sure to use the In A Tree attribute.

And the lifting a small child attribute

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll probably mark this one a 1.5D/2.5T. It's not really a climbable tree as there are no branches down low....so just a small stool, or lifting someone could reach it. But it could be possible that a very tall person might be able to reach it unaided (can someone over 6' tall reach 8' high?). I'm only 5'6", so that's just a guess, hehe.

But I did forget about that new tree climbing attribute...could be appropriate too.

Thanks

But it could be possible that a very tall person might be able to reach it unaided (can someone over 6' tall reach 8' high?).

I am 6'6" and standing on the ground the middle of my hand is 8 feet. If I stand on tiptoes I could probably retrieve something out of a hole at 8' 6", but any higher and I would need assistance.