Odd behavior grabbing an adopted coin!

JoenGPS

We recently adopted two coins. After successfully completing the adoption process we found we could not "grab" the coin. The only option was "write note" or "discover it"!

Refreshing or logging in/out produced no change.

We tried selecting the "yes". radio button "Is collectable" that was labled Yes- No ... still could not grab it.

Going back to the edit menu that same area was now a checkbox that said "Make this trackable collectable" with it checked.

We unchecked that, went back to the "log an entry" and it then gave us the proper menus to "grab" the coin adding the "Grab from current holder xxxx" to the menu.

This happened with both coins. Anyone else see this behavior? A multi-step proces just to grab the coin that you now own! :anitongue:

We recently adopted two coins. After successfully completing the adoption process we found we could not "grab" the coin. The only option was "write note" or "discover it"!

Refreshing or logging in/out produced no change.

We tried selecting the "yes". radio button "Is collectable" that was labled Yes- No ... still could not grab it.

Going back to the edit menu that same area was now a checkbox that said "Make this trackable collectable" with it checked.

We unchecked that, went back to the "log an entry" and it then gave us the proper menus to "grab" the coin adding the "Grab from current holder xxxx" to the menu.

This happened with both coins. Anyone else see this behavior? A multi-step proces just to grab the coin that you now own! :anitongue:

I've got one like that as well, it's in an archived cache they used to store their coins, I wonder if that has anything to do with it??

I had a similar problem a long while back and like all things computer that don't make sense I pushed some buttons, checked and unchecked some dials and when I got what I wanted I'm not sure what exactly I did but what you described sounds vaguely familiar.

Methinks it has to do with designating the coin as collectible and then putting it in a collection. When you get it in an adoption it's still in collection but not the original owner's collection as they are no longer the owner, kinda like a no-man's (errrr..... coin) land. To grab it you have to "uncollectify" it. Or something like that.