Sharing GPX files wirelessly with Oregons.

mty55

I have noticed the past few cache outings with a buddy of mine we can't share files wirelessly anymore. The units just keep searching but won't connect. I'm using a 300 he's using a 400t. We always manage to get out his query area or he's just keeping them up to date. Probably more the area. We used to be able to share files in the car and as far as 20+ ft away. We both have our units software up to date. I believe we must have lost the ability in Version 4.10 or one of the following betas. Anyone else notice this or have a cure for it.

Thank You

If you feel this is version related try going back a version that can be found Here.

I know reverting back to an old version may be an answer. I'm just trying to see if its something with one of our units or this is a problem across the board. I know my unit has taken a couple hard hits the past few months, but everything seems to be functioning properly but this option. They hit the ground just right and they are like a hand grenade. Fortunately pick up the pieces and put it back together and alls good.

Thanks

I have noticed the past few cache outings with a buddy of mine we can't share files wirelessly anymore. The units just keep searching but won't connect. I'm using a 300 he's using a 400t. We always manage to get out his query area or he's just keeping them up to date. Probably more the area. We used to be able to share files in the car and as far as 20+ ft away. We both have our units software up to date. I believe we must have lost the ability in Version 4.10 or one of the following betas. Anyone else notice this or have a cure for it.

Thank You

I have noticed that if one unit has weak batteries it usually won't connect.

I tried to share data with a friend's 450T the other day. Initially they connected and started sharing data...up to 7%. Then the connection was dropped and we could never make the connect after that, even if they were right beside each other.

Don't recall clearly, but it seems to me we saw that on one of the older firmware levels 'back when'. Are both up to at least 4.50 firmware? I have had no need to test anything subsequent to that, but 4.50 seems to work very well for transfers.

I'm just trying to see if its something with one of our units or this is a problem across the board.

Find a Chirp cache, if there are any in the area, and see which of you is able to pick it up. If one does, and one does not, there's a clue in that.

I should add - don't try to do a Chirp with both units at once! That might confuse the issue considerably. Turn one one unit at a time and enable Chirp mode and check it.