Geocoin's inactive

Heidi&Ian

Dear all,

who can help me? I have found a Geocoin and i am not able to log it anymore. the specified code on the coin can still be readed. but when i try to log it, the website keeps on giving me that the code is wrong. i ahve doubded between O-0, C-G. could have been some wear on the coin itself. but i have tried all combination without result.

I have contacted the owner also without result! <_<

I really would like to sent this coin back into the world.

CAN SOMEONE HELP US???? :sad:

Edited by Heidi&Ian

Does the coin say on it that it is "trackable on geocaching.com"? If it doesn't it may be trackable elsewhere or not trackable at all.

However if it is supposed to be trackable on gc.com check other substitutions; 1 for I, 5 for S, 6 vs 8 or even 6 vs 5. 2 and Z can look alike as well as Bs and 8s.

Lastly use only the 6 digit alpha-numeric, some tracking codes may have as many as 10 - like so AB123C-1234. In that case ignore the numbers after the hyphen.

Another possibility is that the coin's tracking page was locked/frozen due to virtual logging.

If you can post a photo, put a piece of tape over the number on the coin as that's supposed to be kept secret and available only to those who find or handle the coin. Someone may recognize it and know whether it is trackable or not.

Does the coin say on it that it is "trackable on geocaching.com"? If it doesn't it may be trackable elsewhere or not trackable at all.

However if it is supposed to be trackable on gc.com check other substitutions; 1 for I, 5 for S, 6 vs 8 or even 6 vs 5. 2 and Z can look alike as well as Bs and 8s.

Lastly use only the 6 digit alpha-numeric, some tracking codes may have as many as 10 - like so AB123C-1234. In that case ignore the numbers after the hyphen.

Another possibility is that the coin's tracking page was locked/frozen due to virtual logging.

If you can post a photo, put a piece of tape over the number on the coin as that's supposed to be kept secret and available only to those who find or handle the coin. Someone may recognize it and know whether it is trackable or not.

Dear,

Thanks for the comments. It does say that it's trackable on GC.com, the title is "can you see me now - March 2006" i have been looking further and now i saw that there were many simular coins released as the one i have in my posession. I also have tried many possible combinations of the GC code that is written on the coin, without succes!

This keeps following me! haha...

regards the photo, if you look at the pages from "can you see me now" they all look simular. so posting a picture won't help you either...

small question, why would anyone drop this in a cache, and would want it not to be trackable? (ref, you're last sentence)

thanks

Ian

Edited by Heidi&Ian