OZIEXPLORER vrs Waypoint confusion

Brokelux

Ok so i have been pointed towards this sight for a bit of fun and some practice for some upcoming competitions i'm involved in.

I am using ozi explorer with a garmin gps60 hand held unit

My question is simple in my mind but the more I think about it the more complicated it gets. I'll use an example to explain my problem

Lets take this utm one as an example 55G E 451493 N -4578636

Now ozi explorer wont let me input the letter G

Ozi explorer does however allow me to enter a north or south option when I add a waypoint

when i enter the co-ordinates using degrees and minutes everything works fine but and there is no minus after the N

I have tried heaps of different combinations but still i can not get a good result by using the utm co-ordinates i'll either end up 200 meters out or simply in the wrong country (this problem is not datum related)

HELP????

Found this link with someone who has a problem similar to yours. http://golddetecting.4umer.net/t5574-when-i-import-google-earth-waypoints-into-oziexplorer-on-ozi-they-are-all-about-200m-north-of-where-they-should-be-how-come

Seems the problem was a map not linked to a file properly as stated in the last post.

Re: When I import Google Earth waypoints into Oziexplorer, on Ozi they are all about 200m north of where they should be. How come ?

Post Jigalong on Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:08 pm

I rang Brian at GPS Oz and he figured it out. My 250 mosaic map was not linked to the 250ECW file it was meant to be. Apparently it was a different year. Anyway, I got rid of it and re-loaded the one dated 2008 (same as map file) and it worked.

Thanks everybody for your help - much appreciated.

He also set me straight on importing the Magellan POIs into Ozi.

The only thing I am still buggered on, is importing my Magellan POIs into Google Earth. I used to be able to do it, but I am either doing something wrong or they have changed the software so it is no longer possible.

Jigalong.

Maybe the solution to your problem?