Hawaii state map error

DavidMac

When trying to view this state's map, I get the following error:

Could't load the shapefile: C:inetpubshapefilesusahihi.shp

...Not all who wander are lost... unless the batteries in their GPS die, their maps get ruined by rainwater when their pack leaks, and they find themselves in a laurel thicket. Then, they are probably lost.

-DavidMac; (formerly Someonenameddave)

most .shp files are Arcview or Arcinfo from ESRI (www.esri.com). They have a free program, called ArcExplorer that will be able to open this file, if it is in ESRI format. The file you listed is on your C drive on your computer, so I could not access it to see if what I have said is true or not. You can also download a huge amount of shape (.shp) files from ESRI, that you can use with this free program and Arcview and other CAD programs that can access .shp files.

Able2ru?

Oh, sorry, let me clarify- the state map on the website returns the error. Until it's fixed, you can see for yourself on the state's map page, which is also accessible from the main page of this site.

BTW, I have no C drive...I'm on a mac icon_wink.gif

...Not all who wander are lost... unless the batteries in their GPS die, their maps get ruined by rainwater when their pack leaks, and they find themselves in a laurel thicket. Then, they are probably lost.

-DavidMac; (formerly Someonenameddave)

quote:
Originally posted by MarcB:

About the new maps- What will the UK's look like?

Thanks,

MarcB

Not too good. We can't afford the pricing for Europe. It will be about as good as it is now (not so good).

frog.gif Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location