yet another custom query request

vds

I keep track of my finds, not-finds, so that I can generate Tiger Maps of my to-do (and done) lists. For an example see the map link here.

I was thinking that I'd like to have a custom query that I run once in a while to generate a .loc file of all the caches I've found (which span WA, DC, PA, ME, Iceland, and Germany), so I don't need to do it manually.

Total number of caches is well under the 500 maximum for queries, so I was thinking that a simple query of "gimme a .loc file of all my finds (or hides)" would be a reasonable way to do it.

What I found was that the query engine won't let me do that query, without specifying a country, state or zip code. But I've done 'multiple' such locations, up to 8,000 miles from home.

Is it reasonably possible to ask to remove the limitation forcing you to specify a location ?

Some queries you'd want to do that would be simple to ask for are excluded by the current query form policies.

Nope. The query also maxes out at 500 miles.

According to Jeremy (someone asked this about Locationless Cache query a while back), you need 2 queries. Since you're in Washington, I'll assume you have some finds in Canada as well (or another country.

Select "owned by me" and click the first country. Then hold the shift key, scroll down and click the last country. This query is for everything outside the US.

Then do the same thing in another query (Select "owned by me"), and click the first US state, scroll down and click the last US state. That gets everything in the US.

If you've only found in the US, just do the second one.

Good luck!

Markwell

Chicago Geocaching