Basecamp won't open due to custom map

n2stitch

I have an Oregon 550 that I've been using with Mapsource, not Basecamp. However, to update to the latest unit software, I get the warning that if I want to ever use Basecamp in the future, I have to perform several steps, including open Basecamp and transfer tracks, waypoints, etc.

I've downloaded and installed Basecamp 3.2.2, but when I try to open it, I get a message that one of the custom maps (Montana Topo) is not installed correctly. I vaguely remember there being an issue with family id, or product id, or something similar, but I have searched the forums here and can't find any of the topics on it. (Probably used the wrong key words or something.)

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Try starting by uninstalling your Montana topo map. You don't say where you got it, but there should be an 'uninstaller' for it in the folder where you have kept that topo's data. Where all of the *.img files are, look for uninstall.exe.

The uninstall process is supposed to (and always has for me) killed off the registry entry that BaseCamp uses to identify available maps, so it should get happy after this procedure.

After you can get BaseCamp running again, you can try reinstalling your map.

Edited by ecanderson