How to see tide tables in Garmin Montana

formula1

Where to > Tides

IF you have tides info in your gps.

How do you get tides info in the GPS, do I need a Marine map? I tried Where To -> Tides and all it does is give me a choice of tide buoys to navigate to.

I found the tables from this link: http://gpsinformation.us/gps60c/g60review.html and installed them as if they were a map. Then the tide data shows up after selecting a waypoint (via the instructions from splashy) then tapping the title block at the top (instead of the GO button), and then the table shows. I had to install the map twice to get it to work, and now that I think of it, I installed it from MapSource rather than BaseCamp the second time. Maybe that's the key, using MapSource as the map installation method.

Edited by wa2n

Where to > Tides

IF you have tides info in your gps.

How do you get tides info in the GPS, do I need a Marine map? I tried Where To -> Tides and all it does is give me a choice of tide buoys to navigate to.

I found the tables from this link: http://gpsinformation.us/gps60c/g60review.html and installed them as if they were a map. Then the tide data shows up after selecting a waypoint (via the instructions from splashy) then tapping the title block at the top (instead of the GO button), and then the table shows. I had to install the map twice to get it to work, and now that I think of it, I installed it from MapSource rather than BaseCamp the second time. Maybe that's the key, using MapSource as the map installation method.

Thanks for all the info! I got it to work without having to install maps, I selected Where To -> Tides and selected the Tide Buoy, then hit the title block as you did instead of Go and got the tide table.

Thanks for the instructions on how to read the tides. I am certainly not used to the Montana lookup and navigation methods, and so initially seems to be a bit obsecure! I have a Garmin 76CSx and there is a menu item to look at the tide tables!