Favorites - How many you got to give?

I have about 2300 favorites waiting to be awarded. I wish that I could remember all of the terrific caches I have found but many of them are a blur. If any of you can remember the great ones that I have found I would gladly go back and deliver the points. I would love to give these out but not without thought. I have gone back and awarded a "favorite point" to every cache that the Wheeler Dealers and Zer0 have put out because they always do quality stuff.

I have a few really good hides where every cache log is complimentary. I have gone back to the finders of those caches and have lobbied for favorite points for those caches.

One favorite pt for every 10 finds is more than generous. I went back and looked at my favorite list & pt ratio. Seems that I dole them out at just less than a 2% of cache finds - much less than 10%.

However, now that the Favorites have been out for awhile, I find that when I'm going to an area I do look at the favorited caches and tend to seek them out, which results in adding my favorite pt as well - so, my pts are being used more frequently.

When I first began caching in '05, I would go after any cache out there and continued that practice for quite some time; as of the last couple yrs my cache finds are mostly around my hikes so the find count has dropped.

My favorite pts: 325 to give, dispensed 61, leaving 264 banked.

When looking at the few caches that I've hidden I found that I need to step up my quality of hides. But one cache that my son & I placed - "Long Tom" (a backcountry hide), has 8 total finds in the three yrs it's been out, while being favorited by 5 of the 8 finders; as it turns out the other 3 were non/PM so it's actually a 100% favorited cache as Groundspeak calcutales.

I like the Favorite aspect that was added and will probably tend to seek those caches with higher pt counts.

Gary

bedstefader skjule