Geocoins Near Your Home Location

Richard arnold

This feature doesn't work for me. It seems to always select a different location in USA somewhere. I'm in England, and I have entered my home address on my account page, but it doesn't ever go to it. There is no option to enter an address, and it only shows geocoins in the area it selects - it won't show any other geocoins anywhere in the world (meaning I can't just scroll over to my house on the map). Is this an issue on the site, or am I the only person experiencing this problem?

I have entered my home address on my account page, but it doesn't ever go to it.

Already done that :P

Entering your home address on your account is not the same thing as entering the coordinates of your Home Location here: http://www.geocaching.com/account/ManageLocations.aspx

Once that's done click "Save Changes" at the bottom of the map and geocaching.com will "know" where you are. You don't have to put in exact home co-ords - within a couple of miles will be accurate enough.

MrsB

Bloranges, Mpilchfamily, thanks for the help so far, but unfortunately I these co-ords already set. I'll keep an eye out in case it fixes itself like yours did, Mpilchfamily.

OK :)

Sorry to read it's not working for you. At the moment there are some problems on the geocaching.com website so hopefully the problem will solve itself. If it's still not right in a week or so you could report the problem here: Feedback forum - Report a Website problem.

MrsB

As I understand it, when you make changes to your account profile you have to log out of both your GC account and your Forums login for your changes to take effect. That is the only way I can get my avatar to change. So make your change, then log out of both accounts... just a suggestion.

~J

Edited to add: Then log back into both accounts to see your changes. Your geocoin map may then locate on your listed coords.

Edited by GeocoinGuy