explorist GC can't see caches

Serendipity_D

Hi, wonder if anyone can help. I have tried to search topics to see if there were similar problems. I have loaded many PQs on the gps and some individual caches but for some reason I can not access them on the unit. I know they are there as I have plugged it to the comp and they show up while using Easygps. There were also there a few days ago. Yes, I have "search all" selected and have removed all the caches and redownloaded them from the comp. Only about a third of the caches are there.

Any suggestions. I hope I have made myself clear enough. Thanks, please help! lol...I need a cache fix today.

Serendipity_d

how many caches have you in your gps?

you now that the gps can't have over 10000 caches at the time?

Yes, I do realize that. Right now it is only showing me 799 caches of the 2000 that are on there.

It might be a (lack of) proximity issue. Many GPSr units will only show the close caches, that is up to a certain distance. You can access the others, but it must be through the menu, not by scrolling the screen.

how many caches have you in your gps?

you now that the gps can't have over 10000 caches at the time?

Yes, I do realize that. Right now it is only showing me 799 caches of the 2000 that are on there.

It might be a (lack of) proximity issue. Many GPSr units will only show the close caches, that is up to a certain distance. You can access the others, but it must be through the menu, not by scrolling the screen.

I wish it was as simple as that. I am in Montreal and seeing a cache I found in the Dominican. I can not even access the caches on the GPS by a search, although they all show up on Easygps.