Souvenir List Recording

tomnina

In April of this year we completed the NJ Delorme Challenge. But our statistics page on Geocaching.com says we have completed zero. Is there a way to let the correct officials know about the completion? We have also completed the Windham County, Vermont challenge. Do county challenges count?

Congratulations on completing both Challenges! B)

However, it sounds as if you're getting confused over the various recent features on the site. Currently there is no awarding of Souvenirs for the various Delorme Challenges out there. For a list of current Souvenir's, see the following link:

List of Released Souvenirs

The much talked about Challenge feature on the site, which was released this week, does not have the capability of setting up a complex Challenge like a Delorme or County type Challenge. At this time, the types of Challenges available are merely Picture Challenges, and Action Challenges. For further clarification on the Challenge feature, here is some additional reading:

Geocaching Challenges

I'm afraid that the only indication of having completed the two Challenges that you mentioned, will be an increase in you Unknown/Puzzle Find count in your Stats.

However, it sounds as if you're getting confused over the various recent features on the site. Currently there is no awarding of Souvenirs for the various Delorme Challenges out there. For a list of current Souvenir's, see the following link:

The much talked about Challenge feature on the site, which was released this week, does not have the capability of setting up a complex Challenge like a Delorme or County type Challenge. At this time, the types of Challenges available are merely Picture Challenges, and Action Challenges. For further clarification on the Challenge feature, here is some additional reading:

Geocaching Challenges

I'm afraid that the only indication of having completed the two Challenges that you mentioned, will be an increase in you Unknown/Puzzle Find count in your Stats.

Geocaching Challenges

On my profile page is a box labeled "Challenges Completed" with a count of zero. I do not want a souvenir, I would want a number in the box which reflects how many challenges we have completed. Does that make sense? Othewise why have a "Challenges" box?

The Challenges is a different part of GC.com. I think it is unfortunate that they chose that name. It has nothing to do with the Delorme challenge caches or any other challenge caches. I think a better name for the new challenges would be "Activities" or "Tasks", but for some reason, Groundspeak chose to use a name that already has another meaning on this site. If you want more info on the new challenges, just go here http://www.geocaching.com/challenges/default.aspx

Hi tomnina,

The other posters are correct that the new Challenges can be easily confused with Challenge caches.

You may want to visit My Geocaching Profile, which does have A DeLorme GeoAchievement badge that rewards cachers for completing DeLorme challenge caches. Then you can cut and paste the html and put it on your profile page along with any other stats that you may be interested in. We like the average word count of Found It logs.

Enjoy your geocaching adventures!

mwellman

Hi tomnina,

The other posters are correct that the new Challenges can be easily confused with Challenge caches.

You may want to visit My Geocaching Profile, which does have A DeLorme GeoAchievement badge that rewards cachers for completing DeLorme challenge caches. Then you can cut and paste the html and put it on your profile page along with any other stats that you may be interested in. We like the average word count of Found It logs.

Enjoy your geocaching adventures!

mwellman

Hi mwellman,

Thx so much for your insightful response. All this Challenge verbiage does get confusing. You cut through it nicely. I will take your advice and do some cut and pasting.

Thanks again,

tomnina