Garmin Oregon 550t

OregonK9

Hello,

I'm new to geocaching. I was using a 3g iPhone, but wanted to take the plunge and get a fully functional GPS. I researched and decided to get a Garmin Oregon 550t. I also upgraded to a premium membership. I loaded a couple of nearby caches into it and went to do a couple of quick searches. While out in the field, I tried to view more information on a particular cache, but couldn't. My GPS told me that info was only available with a premium membership. ?????

After I returned home, I did a pocket query and made sure my membership was indeed a premium one, plus I downloaded a bunch of caches. I then opened the same search I had problems with before and clicked on the hint. Once again, my GPS said it was only available with a premium membership. What am I doing wrong?????

Thanks!

I have never seen this happen myself but have read about it, if you download a GPX as a non-premium member the GPSr things everything is non-premium.

Connect to a PC and delete all the GPX files in the \Garmin\GPX folder and then add them again as a premium member. Remember the best way to add caches is with a pocket query :)

I have never seen this happen myself but have read about it, if you download a GPX as a non-premium member the GPSr things everything is non-premium.

Connect to a PC and delete all the GPX files in the \Garmin\GPX folder and then add them again as a premium member. Remember the best way to add caches is with a pocket query :)

Thanks so much Eusty. That did it!!! :lol: