Finds drop phenomenon

cejs

I've noticed a peculiar phenomenon with 2 of my caches. It's as if the finds drop off after a cache is re-enabled.

The first one, gc2cp8k, has just over 100 finds. It was being found at a rate of 1-2 per week. Then about #95, the cache was damaged and I disabled it while repairing it. I re-enabled it June 29, and the finds seem to have dropped off, only two since June. I went to check on it to verify it is still there, and it is right where it should be.

I didn't think much of this, but then I put out a new cache, gc302g8, it had 7 finds, all on the first day, all the logs are fun to read. Several days later it was damaged pretty bad in a storm. I disabled it, repaired, then re-enabled it. And there have been no finds on it since then. It's still there.

Maybe I am imagining it, but it seems like the finds on both dropped after re-enabling. Have other people noticed this type of thing before?

I've noticed a peculiar phenomenon with 2 of my caches. It's as if the finds drop off after a cache is re-enabled.

The first one, gc2cp8k, has just over 100 finds. It was being found at a rate of 1-2 per week. Then about #95, the cache was damaged and I disabled it while repairing it. I re-enabled it June 29, and the finds seem to have dropped off, only two since June. I went to check on it to verify it is still there, and it is right where it should be.

I didn't think much of this, but then I put out a new cache, gc302g8, it had 7 finds, all on the first day, all the logs are fun to read. Several days later it was damaged pretty bad in a storm. I disabled it, repaired, then re-enabled it. And there have been no finds on it since then. It's still there.

Maybe I am imagining it, but it seems like the finds on both dropped after re-enabling. Have other people noticed this type of thing before?

I can't say that I have noticed that, but I will say that your Plymouth Top Popper cache sounds like on that I need to see!

Edited by knowschad

When I would build power caching lists, caches with recent DNFs or disabled notices usually got the axe. I would sometimes look at the disable/enable notes to see if I should add it, but sometimes I wouldn't. This could be one of the reasons.

I doubt that is it.

The issue is probably very simple, old PQ's, most people, even if they are not powercaching, will filter out disabled caches. They are usually disabled for a reason... And people probably have not updated yet.