Moving the "same" travel bug

BendsBeauty

A month ago, as a new geocacher, I took two different travel bugs (out of different caches) and moved them to different caches. They had remained in my state for quite some time, even though the goal for them was to travel as much as possible. In a few weeks, my husband and I will be doing a 2-month road trip across several states and wondered if I could re-visit the caches where I "dropped" the two travel bugs and pick them up again to take to another state. I will be doing geocaching as we travel across country and thought this would be a good way to give these travel bugs a new change of scenery and especially a big jump in mileage.

My question, therefore, is this: Is it legal to move a travel bug that you have already moved once before?

My question, therefore, is this: Is it legal to move a travel bug that you have already moved once before?

Dunno 'bout the legality. but it has happened before, probably will again. :)

For future reference: Should you know that you are traveling soon, it's fine to email the TB owner inquiring if you could hold it for a couple of weeks for a distance move. Their choices are either yea or nay. Many appreciate it.