Trapped in Amber Geocoin

ECplus3

I wish I had better news for everyone.

My normal mint can't do this kind of coin and the one I had been in contact with has stopped responding to emails. I'm glad I didn't sink any money into it.

I have put this on the back burner for awhile, but would really like to get it done. I just need to find a mint capable of doing the different components necessary.

I will post something in this thread if the status changes.

I wish I had better news for everyone.

My normal mint can't do this kind of coin and the one I had been in contact with has stopped responding to emails. I'm glad I didn't sink any money into it.

I have put this on the back burner for awhile, but would really like to get it done. I just need to find a mint capable of doing the different components necessary.

I will post something in this thread if the status changes.

Noooooooooo! Say it isn't so man! This is an awesome idea and I don't want to see it fade away.

Maybe we can pool some ideas here on how to make it happen?

What if your amber-suspension company built the amber insets and they were glued into the coin at a regular coin producer? It might cost a bit more, but this is a great idea and should do very well even if slightly more than initially speculated. Maybe even get the base and inset shipped to you and produce it locally? There are a bunch of marine builders who specialize in beautiful and durable marine epoxies that are often available in colored variants.

Anybody here have experience with these materials? Maybe you could colaborate?