Retrieving trackables from a cache you have already visited

What do you mean they are not suppose to be there? TBs and Coins can be placed in any cache that will fit them, and are sometimes dipped into caches that don't.

As for the original question, you can revisit a cache as many times as you want, even to grab TBs. Usually you would post a note instead of a "Find" on subsequent trips.

Is this something that is against Groundspeak's geo guidelines? Just curious because I've seen geocoins and TB's magically appear in my own cache hide that are not supposed to be there.

Any opinions ? >

Do you mean that you've found them in your own cache but they weren't showing in your cache's inventory? This happens quite frequently when geocachers move trackables around but don't do the retrieve/drop-off loggings correctly.

MrsB

Yes, you may re-visit a cache to retreive trackables (even your own). A coupel of things:

1) Log the visit as a "Note" vice an additional "Found It"

2) You may want to give the person who dropped of the traveler a few days to log it into the cache, in the evtn they were on vacation and have not yet had access to a computer to do their online logging.

Is this something that is against Groundspeak's geo guidelines? Just curious because I've seen geocoins and TB's magically appear in my own cache hide that are not supposed to be there.

Any opinions ? >

I'm assuming you mean the "visited" logs in your cache that is a micro? That's an option for trackables that means the trackable was not physically placed in the cache.

See this thread in the Travel Bug forum:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=277489