"You do not have a valid Date Placed"

Yurt

First time thread starter and I won't make a habit of it.

Just trying to publish a new cache, my 16th so I'm not a newbie, and I keep getting the error message "You do not have a valid Date Placed".

Now I initially thought it might be due to the fact that Australia is a day ahead of you folks in North America most of the time but this late in the day here even west coast USA has caught up.

I originally just clicked today's date from the pop-up calendar but was told 11 characters was too many (as it was in 13/Jul/2011 format for some reason).

So I changed it to 13/7/2011 and got the above message.

Thinking that maybe it's because over there the month comes first I changed it to 7/13/2011.

No dice.

Then I spotted it wanted it in mm/dd/yyyy.

So I tried 07/12/2011 (I even wound it back a day to be sure) and got the same message.

Now I can't even save my changes in draft form after unchecking 'enable'.

Is it just me? Never had this problem before.

Got it to work in the end by not changing the date from the original one I'd entered when first drafting the cache. If I changed it at all it wouldn't accept it. I did want to have the correct placement date on it but couldn't do it.

Bizarre.

clicked today's date from the pop-up calendar but was told 11 characters was too many (as it was in 13/Jul/2011 format

Definitely a bug.

I just edited an unpublished cache to July 14 2011, using the mm/dd/yyyy format (it's July 13, my time). No problem. My understanding is that you can date forward one day from today's date in Seattle, to allow for those who live across the dateline. I may be wrong about the "in Seattle" part - but one day forward from some point (GMT?).

You might log onto the Feedback site, and hunt for threads referencing the issue of the "too many characters", or other dating issues.

If using the calendar is throwing months as 3 letters, that needs fixing.

Edited by Isonzo Karst

First time thread starter and I won't make a habit of it.

Just trying to publish a new cache, my 16th so I'm not a newbie, and I keep getting the error message "You do not have a valid Date Placed".

Now I initially thought it might be due to the fact that Australia is a day ahead of you folks in North America most of the time but this late in the day here even west coast USA has caught up.

I originally just clicked today's date from the pop-up calendar but was told 11 characters was too many (as it was in 13/Jul/2011 format for some reason).

So I changed it to 13/7/2011 and got the above message.

Thinking that maybe it's because over there the month comes first I changed it to 7/13/2011.

No dice.

Then I spotted it wanted it in mm/dd/yyyy.

So I tried 07/12/2011 (I even wound it back a day to be sure) and got the same message.

Now I can't even save my changes in draft form after unchecking 'enable'.

Is it just me? Never had this problem before.

Got the same problem today. I tried everything (changed dates, order of months and days...) and nothing worked. Very frustrating!

I am getting this 'You do not have a valid date' message as well. It doesn't seem to matter what I type, it won't accept it! :(

I think I figured it out, but there is still a bug in the system (have submitted a bug report to the feedback thread.) I had to change my date preferences on my profile/ account to the American Way (mm/dd/yyyy).

Edited by Fianccetto